Prev: Re: Air Power was: REALITY CHECK TIME! Next: [SG] Miniatures questions

Re: [OT]UN operations

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:19:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT]UN operations

--- KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:

> Still, they are in a different class from John L's
> generalized "they
> are not allowed to have ammo, as they might offend
> the locals who have
> genocides to complete."
-------
     I think that it was bosnia where a UN force
(don't remember the country) was disarmed by a
serb militia unit and the UN armored vech. and
helmets were used to draw out muslims.
     I believe it was Belgins who were withdrawn
in Ruwanda, by command of the UN, that allowed
the genocide to continue.
     It is the command structure of the UN forces
that causes the problems.( I.E. poor rules of
enguagement, and poor political/adminstrative
leadership that tries for a short term solutions.)

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Air Power was: REALITY CHECK TIME! Next: [SG] Miniatures questions