Prev: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME! Next: Re: [SG] [DS] Mr. Atkinson's feedback :)

Re: [DS] Some questions from this weekend

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 16:25:18 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [DS] Some questions from this weekend

On 21-Jul-02 at 15:51, John Atkinson (johnmatkinson@yahoo.com) wrote:

> If you play DSII with a significant amount (3+
> platoons) of infantry and you keep track of IAVRs
> individually, you're what's called
> "Obsessive-Compulsive" and I can only recommend a long
> session of therapy.  Especially considering that
> according the the dumb grunt reading over my shoulder,
> a 4-man fireteam of 'Merican infantry could easily be
> carrying 8 AT-4s without breaking a sweat.

That brings me to a SG question.  Vehicles are weakenned to
keep them in balance.  Infantry is limited in number of
IAVRs because that would be unbalanced.  Is it just me
or have we fixed a non-problem causing a problem that
needed to be fixed????

Why not make tanks as nasty in SG as they are in DS?  Allow
infantry enough IAVRs to swat the the tanks as they should.

Prev: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME! Next: Re: [SG] [DS] Mr. Atkinson's feedback :)