Prev: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME! Next: Re: [SG2] Vehicles and Heavy Weapons

Re: [FT] Missile magazines

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 11:15:09 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] Missile magazines

Roger Books wrote:

> > One of the sillier aspects, of FT, is that, a crippled ship with
only two
> > hull  boxes left and massive thresholded systems, could, given time,
be
> > fully  functional by that devoted damage control team.
> >
> > The only systems they couldn't fix are the 'needle beamed' targets.
>
>I don't see anything that says a "needle beamed" target can't
>be repaired _between battles_.

No, but there's a rule which explicitly says that "needle beamed"
systems
cannot be repaired by *damage control parties* - doesn't say anything
about
"during a battle". Sure, you can repair/replace needled systems between
battles... but only if you have access to more advanced repair
facilities
than those of your DCPs.

Similarly, if a battle goes on for long enough even a single DCP is
sufficient to repair every damaged system aboard the ship *during* the
battle.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME! Next: Re: [SG2] Vehicles and Heavy Weapons