Prev: Re: [FT] Missile magazines Next: Re: IFV doors

Re: DS2 VTOL design question

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:51:16 +0100
Subject: Re: DS2 VTOL design question

steve@pugh.net wrote:

>On page 14 of the DS2 rules it says "VTOLs may employ small turrets
>that may hold APSWs or class 1 weapons only".
>
>My question is: can the class 1 weapons be multi-barrelled.
>
>I'm looking at the GZG AV6 mini (SF25-35 or DSM-102) and thinking
>Size 3, carries 8 infantry, Could make the tribarrel at front a
>RFAC/1 (and maybe use the remaining capacity to add some PDS) but
>would love to make it a 3xMDC/1.
>
>	Steve

I don't generally regard the barrels of gatling-type systems as being
individual weapon systems; after all, they can't be fired independently
and would only have one FCS. Better to treat it as a single larger (say
class/2) weapon instead.

Just MHO

Tony

Prev: Re: [FT] Missile magazines Next: Re: IFV doors