Prev: Re: Painting Question Next: Re: IFV doors

Re: [SG] Scalist Heresy, Heavy Weapons, Vehicles and Infantry

From: John Sowerby <sowerbyj@f...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:45:26 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] Scalist Heresy, Heavy Weapons, Vehicles and Infantry

>I assume the tank has such vision systems.
>Radar (mm wave), thermal, etc. all
>blended into a synthetic vision system with
>automatic threat categorizations. However,
>at the end of the day, the commander of
>the tank still needs to know he can *see*
>things in case someone is spoofing the
>system.

I love the mechanism that will be used in the new Mechwarrior: Dark Age
game, from Wizkids. If a vehicle has stealth, then you have to roll to
hit
it twice. A miss on the second roll means that you just aimed and fired
at
a decoy image spoofing your system.

John S.

---

Prev: Re: Painting Question Next: Re: IFV doors