Prev: Fratricide was: Mr. Atkinson's feedback :) Next: Re: Reactive Armor

RE: [SG] [DS] Mr. Atkinson's feedback :)

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:34:26 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG] [DS] Mr. Atkinson's feedback :)

G'day,

> 2) Also, something else bothers me a bit in
> DS2. Why is all artillery a 2" burst radius?...

I take it this is beyond the closed/open sheaf thing?

> 5) Why would you want to close assault a tank
> unit with infantry in DS2? If you force the unit to
> make a reaction test, they may withdraw. This
> gives you the position for free. Plus you may
> not have IAVR equipped troops. (Militia, irregs,
> etc).

Maybe we haven't been playing the right kinda games, but I would've
though
IAVRs are pretty standard kit and infantry has them = the default state.

> 6) I find DS2 CA interesting. You don't seem to
> get good defensive reaction test mods for
> being in position or for having armour or for
> having PA. You get penalized for being attacked
> by PA, but not for defending with it. Odd.
> Seems to me PA is fairly effective in SG2 in
> either case.....

I think we've discussed this before, did any consensus (modifiers) come
out
of that last discussion (my saved threads are at home I'll see if I can
dig
it out tonight if I get half a chance).

> 9) DS2 has no quality roll for spotting (well, it
> does, in that you call the arty, but it either
> arrives on target or doesn't come at all)....

You could expand the results with a houserule...

roll > critical number (4 or 6 depending if on or off board artillery)
=> on
target and coming in
roll = critical number => coming in, but deviate as for ortillery
roll < critical number => not coming at all

Either that or give the artillery battery a quality rating regardless of
whether on board or not.

BASIC = D6
ENHANCED = D8
SUPERIOR = D10

Roll these vs a D8. If the artillery die > D8 then no deviation, but if
the
deviation is > artillery die then the difference is the number of inches
deviated (direction determined by clockface/rolling a D12).

Just a thought.

Cheers

Prev: Fratricide was: Mr. Atkinson's feedback :) Next: Re: Reactive Armor