Prev: RE: [SGII] AAR, Crouching weasle, hidden danger Next: Re: [DS] Some questions from this weekend

RE: [DS] Some questions from this weekend

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:26:37 +1000
Subject: RE: [DS] Some questions from this weekend

G'day,

> 1) Does the game permit you to call artillery by
> grid reference (ie no spotter, pre-registered
> fire points)...

Not as it stands, but after Laserlight's recent questions we're messing
with
a houserule for specific scenarios where you have to note pre game the
activation, the turn and the spot you want it. If you want it changed
then
you have to make a fairly steep comms roll.

> Hitting moving targets
> thus seems awfully simple. We thought this was
> a bit much. Is that just me or has anyone else
> seen this? I'm not suggesting artillery isn't
> effective, I'm merely suggesting that because of
> the move A, move B, move A nature of the
> game, it is very hard for an attack force to
> move together and thus large chunks of it may
> be exposed when this really doesn't quite make
> sense.

Well if you gave everything a chance of getting out of the way then the
artillery wouldn't be worth much ;)
Seriously we've found that artillery can become an art, when to call it
so
that you maximise his hurt while minimising his chance to hurt you first
can
be a tough call in spots.

> Plus, there seems to be no quality roll or
> anything to determine if the artillery is on target
> and effectual. It just seems to arrive. Or did I
> miss something?

If you really want large artillery wonder class all offboard artillery
as
ortillery.

> 3) Can vehicles alone close assault infantry? If
> not, why not?

They probably can, but I think last time we had this thread (or was that
for
SG? sorry I've forgotten) it got down to wouldn't that be silly? ;P ;)

> 4) Can infantry close assault vehicles with no
> supporting infantry?

I'd let them, but please see answer to 3... personally I'd stay dug in
and
use IAVRs ;)

> 5) I have my tank in the edge of an urban area,
> ostensibly using buildings for cover. Is this
> considered "soft cover"? if so, why? If not, what
> is it considered?

Yes its cover, except from infantry in the same urban area I guess.

Cheers

Prev: RE: [SGII] AAR, Crouching weasle, hidden danger Next: Re: [DS] Some questions from this weekend