Prev: Re: [SG] Another weekend question Next: REALITY CHECK TIME!

Re: [SG] Another weekend question

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:30:24 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] Another weekend question

At 5:17 PM +0100 7/16/02, Tony Francis wrote:

>Having the crew bail out but the infantry carry on as normal would
>seem a little incongruous (and vice-versa). Either it's safe to stay
>in the vehicle, or it isn't.

Serioiusly. What idiots would stay in the vehicle if the driver,
gunner and commander yell bail out and then flee through their
hatches or escape doors?

On the other hand, I still wonder if the vehicle is still operable,
whether the passengers would be as likely to bail out. Are we talking
about a thrown/blown track here or are we talking about an engine
compartment fire? The latter should result in a crew/passenger bail
out, the former shouldn't. Espeically if you're in a kill zone.  Once
the vehicle comes to a stop, likely it would make sense for the squad
leader to get his guys out of the vehicle and firing weapons.

I've got a question in on the Ferret list for the guys that were in
Northern Ireland running around in Bandit Country and being shot at
with RPGs. Does someone have a vietnam vet to ask?

--
  Ryan Gill		 rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
  '60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: Re: [SG] Another weekend question Next: REALITY CHECK TIME!