Prev: Re: [SG] Another weekend question Next: Re: [SG] More questions from the weekend

Re: [SG] Another weekend question

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:14:05 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] Another weekend question

At 10:58 AM -0500 7/16/02, Allan Goodall wrote:
>Infantry bail out is rather vague. See my site for house rules (though
I'm
>sure I don't take this situation into account).
>
>I would have the squad make a test for bail out and handle them
separately
>from the crew bailing out. Or, you can make the test for the crew and
just
>assume that the crew screaming, "Bail out!" is enough to get the
squaddies out
>as well.

I have to point out something here. Certain vehicles only have
certain ways for the infantry to get out or not. If the squad leader
is sitting at the rear ramp with the lever at hand, he's pretty much
going to have final say about the crunchies getting out or not. Some
vehicles may just have manually operated doors, but others will be
more complex.

Also, if the infantry are trained not to get out until told because
certain things might kill them just as sure (area or point defense
systems) when close to a vehicle under specific circumstances.

Of course if the track is still under power and still moving at 20mph
over rough ground, 'debussing' with out the consent of the crew will
be a bad idea too.

Hey, John. How many infantry riders have been killed (for real) at
NTC by debussing under fire at the wrong time?
--
  Ryan Gill		 rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
  '60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: Re: [SG] Another weekend question Next: Re: [SG] More questions from the weekend