Prev: Found this just now and thought I'd share... Next: Re: Planetary Protection Officer

Re: Planetary Protection Officer

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:59:10 -0400
Subject: Re: Planetary Protection Officer

At 2:02 PM +0200 7/16/02, KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:
>Do you know NASA actually has a Planetary Protection Officer whose task
>is to protect Earth from invasion by alien lifeforms ?

Probably not a bad idea....Haven't you seen the Andromeda Strain?!

I'd hate to think that there was life (toe hold) on Europa until a
hardy species of anerobic bacteria from earth hitched a ride on a
probe and wiped it out.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Found this just now and thought I'd share... Next: Re: Planetary Protection Officer