Prev: Re: [SG] more ww2 Next: RE: [SG] more ww2

Re: [SG] more ww2

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:25:54 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] more ww2

At 4:11 PM -0400 7/15/02, Roger Books wrote:
>On 15-Jul-02 at 15:57, Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com) wrote:
>
>>   My home defense rifle is a combination of 7.62 SLR/FN
>>  Fal and a Mossberg 590 Marine (with the bayonet mount!) 12 Gauge
with
>>  a 20"bbl with #8 shot up the mag tube, 4 rounds of 2 3/4" slugs on
>>  the speed feed, 2 more 3" slugs on the sling and 8rounds of 00 on
the

>I take it you don't need to be concerned with shooting a neighbor.
>With close neighbors I'd drop back to O or even #1.

That's why I've got #8 shot up the mag-tube. The slugs are for
special circumstances in which the #8 isn't working or even worse,
when the 00 isn't working. I set that up back when I had a townhouse
as a residence.

Now I've got a brick home with real sheet-rock (the kind that needs a
real masonry bit and shrugs off regular screws or nails...not the
soft drywall stuff).  The foundation is rubble laid granite if that
dates the style of ranch home.

>That's why I liked the Glaser safety slugs.  Of course my home
>defense weapon currently is a gladius.

Hehe...If I need edged, I'll stick the bayonet on the end of the
mossberg. Great room clearing weapon. If they get close, you can poke
them. If you want them to stay on the ground until the cops get
there, you can poke them in the back. Nothing says stay back like a
fixed bayonet.... ;-P

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: [SG] more ww2 Next: RE: [SG] more ww2