Prev: Re: [SG] more ww2 Next: Re: [SG] more ww2

Re: US Steppe cammo ?

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:20:57 -0500
Subject: Re: US Steppe cammo ?

Well when you consider that the US army is notorious for
it's use of the wrong paint scheme in a combat area. As an
example 3 years after the Gulf war I was redeployed to Kuwait
were every vehicle we drew was green. The only green things
there in fact. Never mind the fact that every thing we left back
at Fort Hood was painted tan... There must be a logical reason
for this or at very least a plausible lie, but it escapes me now...)

Don

Probably some variant of the Desert pattern for the Battle Dress.  For
vehicles, which usually end up covered in dust, probably a light tan
over
all.

Michael Brown

A question to our US military experts:

This came up in another mailing list.

Assume a fight in some country that is mostly
steppe/prairie/pampa/savanna/open grassland. What would the vehicle
camouflage pattern for US vehicles be ?

Prev: Re: [SG] more ww2 Next: Re: [SG] more ww2