Prev: Re: [SG] more ww2 Next: Re: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions...

Re: [SG] more ww2

From: Ludo Toen <ludo.toen@p...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:41:30 +0200
Subject: Re: [SG] more ww2

> Grenades of WWII had less explosive force, and produced fewer
fragments
> than today's grenades, but the fragments were larger and, according to
> dubious source, able to inflict wounds and larger distances than
> fragments from today's grenades (should you happen to be hit by one).
>
> Short version:  I don't have an answer, but I can complicate the issue
> just fine!  *grin*

WWII grenades and even some modern ones come in two distinct versions:
offensive and defensive. Offensive grenades consist of a light metal or
plastic casing and were used on the attack (you threw it and then ran
after it, brave guys back then ;-). The defensive ones have thick metal
casing for fragmentation and can only be used while in cover. Some
offensive grenades come with a removable frag sleeve to turn it into a
defensive one.
Most modern NATO grenades are designed to be used in both roles which
means they are good at neither. Standard furniture will stop!!! the
undersized fragments of most of these grenades.

Prev: Re: [SG] more ww2 Next: Re: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions...