Prev: Re: SG 25mm buildings you asked you got :) Next: Re: SG 25mm buildings you asked you got :)

Intel was: Unit Size Definitions

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 18:02:52 +0200
Subject: Intel was: Unit Size Definitions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@webone.com.au>

> > >The computer translation lists Highlanders as mountain troops, is
that
> > >right?"
> >
> > Makes you wonder what they would think of something like KOYLI,
doesn't
> it...
>
> Or the PPLI. Or Paramatta Lancers for that - er - matta^Her.

Indeed, there can be all kinds of misunderstandings. I recently came
across
an anecdote that in WWII the M3 Lee/Grant tank was first known to German
intelligence as the 'Pilot' tank. Before they actually met the tank in
North
Africa spies had obtained some early photos of it marked 'Pilot' ( =
prototype), and "naturally" assumed this was the name of the tank.

Greetings

Prev: Re: SG 25mm buildings you asked you got :) Next: Re: SG 25mm buildings you asked you got :)