Prev: Re: [SG/DS] Unit Size Definitions Next: Re: [SG/DS] Unit Size Definitions

Re: [FH] Campaigns

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 02:07:01 EDT
Subject: Re: [FH] Campaigns

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 09:41:06 -0400 "laserlight@quixnet.net"
<laserlight@quixnet.net> writes:
>Another idea fresh from the Alarishi Half-Bakery (our motto: "Free,
>and
>worth it!").  It occurred to me that each group will have a different
>level
>of interest in different aspects of a campaign--so there should be
>some
>kind of provision to add complexity in an incremental way.  For
>example
>(just an example):

Okay so far.

>Intelligence
>Level 1: You have intelligence stations on all Major worlds plus 20%
>of
>Minor worlds.	You receive reports on all capital units stationed in
>or
>passing through a system with an intel station.
>Level 2: You may spend 10MCr to build an intel station and 1MCr/turn
>maintain it.  You may build multiple intel stations in one system.
>Each
>station is assigned one activity (naval movements, economic,
>scientific
>research, trade, diplomacy etc).  You may build counterintelligence
>stations on your own world to reduce the effect of enemy stations.
>Level 3: Each station has a quality assigned.	You may make intel
>attacks
>based on opposed die rolls against counterint.  Roll is based on how
>much
>you're spending *each* turn on that station: 1MCr = d4, 2MCr = d6,
>4MCr=d8,
>8MCr=d10.  If you maintain an elite agent (cost 100 MCr to build plus
>32MCr
>per turn) you may add a d12 in addition to the station die; however,
>if the
>agent rolls a 1 he is killed/disabled.

ROFLOL!  Good thing this is SF.  Way too cheap, way too effective.

>Economics:
>Level 1: each planet has a production value in MCr.
>Level 2: each planet produces commodities (eg Materials, Electronics,
>Technicians).	Different commodities are needed to produce different
>units
>(eg a warship might need 150 Materials, 100 Electronics, 100 Techs).
>Level 3: each planet's commodities must be shipped to production
>facilities, opening the possibility of piracy, commerce raiding etc.
>
>I'm picking my examples for a high level FT campaign but there's no
>reason
>you couldn't do the same thing with other levels.  For example, DS
>might
>have Intel be informers in local towns and villages; and economics
>commodities might be food, fuel and ammo.

Actually not a bad idea.  I like most of it.  Despite your belief that
there is intelligence in Intelligence. <grin>

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [SG/DS] Unit Size Definitions Next: Re: [SG/DS] Unit Size Definitions