Prev: Re: Terrain for space games Next: Re: [SG/DS] Unit Size Definitions

Re: [Terrain] spraying cloth

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 07:52:09 +0200
Subject: Re: [Terrain] spraying cloth

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Bayan Schoonmaker" <s_schoon@pacbell.net>

> On 7/11/02 8:20 PM, "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
>
> > I've got a camel-colored felt cloth and I'm planning to make it a
> > little more desert-looking.  I'm thinking some speckles of brown ink
> > and maybe a little sandstone/khaki acrylic, watered down enouugh to
> > spray, would work--but I figured I'd tap the List for ideas.
> > Suggestions?
>
> Ink will probably not work on cloth. I'd suggest paints, either
airbrushed
> (if you have one) or using the old toothbrush speckling technique.

There are special paints for decorating cloth - check out a handicrafts
shop. Usually you have to iron the cloth after painting - see the
instructions on the paint bottles.

I've read some people decorate felt with flocking - use thinned white
glue
in spots and thinly sprinkle sand or bits of brown-green flocking onto
it.

Depending on the kind of desert you have in mind, small patches of green
may
be OK to represent bits of scrub and grass.

Greetings

Prev: Re: Terrain for space games Next: Re: [SG/DS] Unit Size Definitions