Prev: Re: [FT] Command and Control Next: RE: [OT]Infantry computer training

Re: [SG/DS] Unit Size Definitions

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:33:14 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG/DS] Unit Size Definitions

At 10:48 AM -0400 7/9/02, laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:

>It's an intelligence ploy.  You can picture opposing intel officers
>swearing under their breath: "17/21 Lancers-what does that mean?  14th
>Queen's Own Light Grenadier Guards Rifle Regiment?  What the heck is
that?
>On this photo, this unit is supposedly a regiment, that one is listed
as a
>battalion but it's three times the size...did someone switch labels
again?
>The computer translation lists Highlanders as mountain troops, is that
>right?"

Here's a thought. Can one see in the GZG verse the use of Yomanry
coming back into real flavor for units that are drawn from a specific
planet? Perhaps even to the extent that they provide their own
weapons and transport? I'd expect that the Tribal nature of the NAC
military forces would actually be magnified by having regional and
planet based colonies spread around from place to place. Especially
if on a given colony planet you have two major population centers on
separate continents to use as a source for manpower.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: [FT] Command and Control Next: RE: [OT]Infantry computer training