Prev: Re: New GZG Photo Gallery Next: RE: [SG] Buildings

Re: [SG] Buildings

From: Adrian Johnson <adrian.johnson@s...>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 16:02:44 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] Buildings

Hi Jeremey,

I agree, a sheet of extras would be a great way of doing this.	If you
wanted to include building interiors, I would suggest making them
"optional" also.  Having a removable roof would be useful, but actually
detailed interiors that don't get seen most of the time... personally I
wouldn't bother, except in unusual circumstances (like a really big
building - such as an industrial complex - where battling might actually
take place inside).  For a single house or bunker or whatever, just
being
able to take the roof off would be ok for me, and I've played with
plenty
of buildings, bunkers, etc in the past that aren't open at all - where
we
just move the models off the table when they go into the building, and
put
their markers next to the building so we don't forget about them.

You might also consider proving suggestions/instructions for doing
"surface
detailing" with bits of balsa wood or sheet/rod styrene plastic or
whatever.  I've seen some extremely effective paper/card buildings
(medieval or old west, I think) where the person who owned them added
"wooden" structural beams using thin strips of balsa, and painted them
match the rest of the building.  Very little effort, and made them look
great.

Having said that, your buildings are really good "as is", so this
certainly
isn't necessary.

Thanks for all the efforts!

Adrian

>Jeremey,
>
>I think a sheet of extras would be the way to go. For
>example a balcony that has tabs in it, you could
>either glue or slit and glue to the main building and
>have a new building.
>
>Great Ideas!
>>
>> Ok another question, do people think card buildings
>> should be simple and
>> quick to make or would people prefer more detailed
>> models?
>>
>> I'm thinking with all the extra bits door frames,
>> balconies you know all the
>> stick-out bits.
>>
>> Also do people want interiors? Removable roofs to
>> position figures better?
>>
>> Jeremey
>> germ@germy.co.uk
>> www.germy.co.uk

Adrian Johnson
adrian@stargrunt.ca
http://www.stargrunt.ca

Prev: Re: New GZG Photo Gallery Next: RE: [SG] Buildings