Prev: Hard targets Next: FMA Quality Colour Codes

[FH] Campaigns

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 09:41:06 -0400
Subject: [FH] Campaigns

Another idea fresh from the Alarishi Half-Bakery (our motto: "Free, and
worth it!").  It occurred to me that each group will have a different
level
of interest in different aspects of a campaign--so there should be some
kind of provision to add complexity in an incremental way.  For example
(just an example):

Intelligence
Level 1: You have intelligence stations on all Major worlds plus 20% of
Minor worlds.  You receive reports on all capital units stationed in or
passing through a system with an intel station.
Level 2: You may spend 10MCr to build an intel station and 1MCr/turn to
maintain it.  You may build multiple intel stations in one system.  Each
station is assigned one activity (naval movements, economic, scientific
research, trade, diplomacy etc).  You may build counterintelligence
stations on your own world to reduce the effect of enemy stations.
Level 3: Each station has a quality assigned.  You may make intel
attacks
based on opposed die rolls against counterint.	Roll is based on how
much
you're spending *each* turn on that station: 1MCr = d4, 2MCr = d6,
4MCr=d8,
8MCr=d10.  If you maintain an elite agent (cost 100 MCr to build plus
32MCr
per turn) you may add a d12 in addition to the station die; however, if
the
agent rolls a 1 he is killed/disabled.

Economics:
Level 1: each planet has a production value in MCr.
Level 2: each planet produces commodities (eg Materials, Electronics,
Technicians).  Different commodities are needed to produce different
units
(eg a warship might need 150 Materials, 100 Electronics, 100 Techs).
Level 3: each planet's commodities must be shipped to production
facilities, opening the possibility of piracy, commerce raiding etc.

I'm picking my examples for a high level FT campaign but there's no
reason
you couldn't do the same thing with other levels.  For example, DS might
have Intel be informers in local towns and villages; and economics
commodities might be food, fuel and ammo.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Hard targets Next: FMA Quality Colour Codes