Prev: Re: [SG/DS] Unit Size Definitions Next: Re: [SG] Buildings

Re: [SG/DS] Unit Size Definitions

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 23:19:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG/DS] Unit Size Definitions

--- John Leary <john_t_leary@yahoo.com> wrote:

> John,
>      This was standard during the 1800s, the one
> battalion regiment of 600 men in 10 co. (inf.) was
> the normal OOB for the U.S. and G.B..  (Napeleonic
> and Civil War)

Yeah.

But for a. . . picking an example at random, marine
biologist :), I figured the evolution of the
Regimental system over the past 300 years in both the
US and UK was a bit complex, from multi-BN regiments
to single-BN regiments, to regiments with BNs on
active service and others in depot (some Brit
regiments had 30 BNs active during WWI), with a
sideline on the CARS system. . .

No.

John

Prev: Re: [SG/DS] Unit Size Definitions Next: Re: [SG] Buildings