Prev: Re: New GZG Photo Gallery Next: Re: Gorilla war

Re: [SG2/DS] Unit Size Definitions

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 23:32:24 EDT
Subject: Re: [SG2/DS] Unit Size Definitions

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002 09:04:11 -0700 (PDT) John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> writes:
>http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/army/unit/index.html
<snip>

>For such an incredible bunch of _weenies_ the FAS has
>one of the most useful websites on the internet for
>wargamers.
>
>John

John,  For Heaven's sake they are scientists!  The only non-engineering
scientists I have ever met who were military and/or war gamers are on
this list and that is the only ones I have found since 1959 when I
started war gaming!

Now before Beth and all the other doctors of real sciences on the list
begin frothing at the mouth, take a close look at your co-workers and
tell me that they have a clue about the military in 90% of the cases (I
would say 99% but... Okay I will, 99%) you see.  Most	of them have
spent the majority of their life focussing on the fuzzy reality of
biology in one form or another or the so called 'physical sciences'
where
every few years a new theory challenging all the assumptions they use
daily needs to be examined and sometimes all that neat work you did last
year is now questionable.  And you, John, expect them to get details
right on world-wide military reality?  I am amazed that they undertook
such a task and blame it on they had no idea what a can of worms they
were getting into when they started.

 What would a web site about Marine Slugs (Okay, Navy, Ha ha)  look like
if the Intelligence community were the creators of it?	As a member of
the IC I can answer that - full of omissions, oversights, extrapolations
of questionable logic, and many just flat wrong 'facts' fer sure!  Just
like our standard IC analyses...

Beth and all the real scientists (Sorry Engineers, you are the 'kitchen
chemists' of science. <GRIN>)

Gracias,
Glenn
Who has just probably unintentionally upset 50% of the list...

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: New GZG Photo Gallery Next: Re: Gorilla war