Prev: Re: Re: [SG2] Assaulting from IP Next: RE: Re: [Campaign] Criteria

Re: [Campaign] Criteria

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 04:06:49 -0400
Subject: Re: [Campaign] Criteria

Scale would generally fall into something like:

Tactical -- A short series of battles.	Too short for any economics
outside of limited unit repairs/replacements.
General -- simple economics.  Time enough to build units during the
game.
Strategic -- Economics as complex as you can stand.  Every factor can be
adjusted, ect.

Other ideas:
Movement of armies/fleets could be made on a simple square grid, with
major features, ect. (the strategic map)
I think the system can be made generic enough to function as a battle
generator for DS or FT with minor modifications for each setting.  (how
buy/build new units, terain effects, ect.)

If this can be worked out, maybe St Jon would include it in the next
books  FT/FB/BDS/ect.

Donald Hosford