Prev: Re: Mission Creep - Was Re: The new US Army APC the Stinger Next: Re: Mission Creep - Was Re: The new US Army APC the Stinger

RE: [FT] Some ideas on crew quality (longish)

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 09:58:50 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT] Some ideas on crew quality (longish)

G'day,

> Crew Quality uses the same descriptions as for Dirtside II:
> Veteran (3)
> Regular (2)
> Green   (1)

I know you're going for simplicity, but just as a lark you could rate
some
cargo hauler crews as 0 and crews of secret mission raider ships (SG/FMA
etc
tie in) as 4 ;)

> Potentially, crew quality could affect a large number of
> factors in the game, but, ATM, I'm restricting it to
> only a few effects:

I like you're morale roll and the way you've let quality modify
initiative
rather than firing success (they're still effectively got the edge to
get in
first and stuff, neat). I'll try and convince Derek to let us try it in
place of strike the colours in our next muck around to see how it goes.

> Alien Crew Quality
>
> Sa'Vasku ships are always considered regular, with average commanders,
> but get a +1 bonus to rallying rolls.

Given their descriptions in the books I'd be tempted (at least
occasionally)
to give them veteran crews.

Cheers

Beth