Prev: [OT]Lines of definition and rings of exclusion. Was- Linking Ammo Next: Re: [OT]Lines of definition and rings of exclusion. Was- Linking Ammo

Re: [OT]Lines of definition and rings of exclusion. Was- Linking Ammo

From: Control Robot <cqin@e...>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 11:44:40 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT]Lines of definition and rings of exclusion. Was- Linking Ammo

Actually, I've always liked Jerry Pournelle's two dimensional map
instead.
It had two axes, statism and rationalism, showing the views toward
government and "progress" respectively, of the political theory being
mapped.  For example, communism would be high on statism and rationalism
(all problems could be scientifically solved, etc.), whereas fascism
would
be hight on statism but low on rationalism (triumph of the will).
Classical
anarchists would be low on statism and low on rationalism, where as
"egotists" such as Ayn Rand would be low on statism and high on
rationalism.
Most democracies would be somewhere in the middle, leaning slightly to
which
ever direction.  It gives an extra dimension, so to speak :), to the
political spectrum.