Prev: Re: Acronym Overload Next: Re: Acronym Overload

Re: 50 Cal

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 21:52:16 -0400
Subject: Re: 50 Cal

> > I probably shouldn't ask (g*n c*ntr*l being the
> > internet taboo subject
> > that it is...) but is that thing civilian-legal down
> > in the USA?

Well of course it's legal...  But I would prefer something not so wimpy.
I've always had a fantasy about owning a 20mm Lahti Anti-Tank Rifle...
With
proper paperwork and tax stamp, the are legal too...

> > Either way... a semi-auto .50cal weapon... Oh bog...
>
> Yes it is.   Used in specialized VERY long range
> target meets.   Like most ugly guns, they are
> being vilified as the 'weapon of choice' for
> the drug dealers.

Actually, drug smugglers just might find them useful.  As of a few years
back, I knew some yacht owners who had .308 assault rifles (HK-91's,
FAL's,
M1A's) to deter pirates.  At least one was talking about getting a
Barrett
Model 82...  I suppose a yacht owner who turned to into a smuggler might
find such a thing quite useful to protect his shipment from other less
then
legal professionals (pirates).

Prev: Re: Acronym Overload Next: Re: Acronym Overload