Prev: Re: RE: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers Next: Re: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

CETME was: Acronym Overload

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:19:53 +0200
Subject: CETME was: Acronym Overload

----- Original Message -----
From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@sprintmail.com>

> I'm not so sure the CETME is a knockoff of the G3.

The other way round.

> I remember reading about
> the German designers living in Spain for a few years after World War
II
and
> working on what would become the G3.	If I remember correctly, it was
for
> CETME company they were working for...

Here's a website on the CETME rifle :
http://web.jet.es/apraiz/e_spsteel_cetme.html
And another one in Spanish:
http://aster.iespana.es/aster/Library/cetme.htm

BTW: CETME is Centro de Estudios Tecnicos de Materiales Especiales - the
'Center for Technical Studies of Special Materials'

Greetings

Prev: Re: RE: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers Next: Re: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers