Prev: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers Next: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

Acronym Overload

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 01:46:45 -0400
Subject: Acronym Overload

Anyone else notice we have two conversations
going on (one about 10mm Brits and the other
about photography) both of which are refering
to SLRs?  Of course, I know the difference
(having been trained on and worked with an FN-
C1) but I just find it interesting how mangled
some poor folk can get with acronyms.

And just so no one feels slighted - ANYONE on
this list seems miles ahead of those in the rest
of the Internet. We use a lot of short forms and
most people manage (after a fashion). Try a
quarter of them (and I'm not even talking ones
like AVLB or APFSDSDU or MILNAVPAC) in the
outside world, and you get a lot of ????????

We're a special breed.

I'm just not sure if that's a good thing.... :)
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers Next: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers