Prev: RE: Magic Wash Next: Re: Titanium snails

RE: RE: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:58:52 +1000
Subject: RE: RE: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

G'day,

> If it's all that inhospitable, why is anyone living there?

In my timeline, because there had been an FTL accident that saw them
deposited outside even the area Nyrath as neatly mapped for the GZGverse
(and this was one of the earliest colony fleets before the GZGverse got
as
big as Nyrath has mapped), so they were way too far from home to ask for
help. When they found (or thought they had) a place they could live
(i.e.
breath the atmosphere and not die from toxic shock on immediate contact
with
the biota) they were happy and really had no other choices. 400 years
later
its become home... and like most family traditions its a habit that may
suck
but they're used to it its a bit hard to kick ;)

On a side note given how alien non Earth planets are potentially gonna
be,
Mr I live on airless asteroids shouldn't be so picky ;P ;)

> And why is anyone fighting over it?

Why do people ever fight over stuff? ;)

Cheers

Prev: RE: Magic Wash Next: Re: Titanium snails