Prev: Re: [DS2] New mecha and tracks Next: Re: [DS2] New mecha and tracks

Federation vs Empire (was [HIST] Japanese Culture shock)

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:17:46 -0500
Subject: Federation vs Empire (was [HIST] Japanese Culture shock)

> Nope, the Empire from Star Wars has far superior technology to
> the universe
> of Star Trek :)
>
> Read www.stardestroyer.net
>
> FT games wouldn't be very exciting :)

I beg to differ (well in my own crossover universe at least ;-)

If you follow the logic from sites like that, there is a lot of implied
superiority in Star Wars where it isn't plainly stated but taking a few
statements and combining them, it infers very high tech levels.  I
ignore
them mostly and try to make each side have the correct feel and then
make a
fun battle.

The Sci-Fi Crossover game I'm running at GenCon this August is
'Federation
vs Empire?'  The famous Federation from Star Trek take on the Empire,
but
not the Klingon Empire, its Palpatine's Empire from Star Wars on the
other
side of this clash.

Both sessions of Federation and Empire? are already sold out but I will
have
the control sheets posted on my website after GenCon.  Here are the
fleets
involved:

Empire:
1 x Imperial Star Destroyer
4 x Victory Star Destroyers

Federation (TOS Era):
2 x Dreadnoughts
2 x Carriers (old SFB type)
1 x Battle Tug
5 x Heavy Cruisers
8 x Destroyers

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: [DS2] New mecha and tracks Next: Re: [DS2] New mecha and tracks