Prev: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers Next: RE: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

RE: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:24:46 +1000
Subject: RE: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

G'day,

> Nerve gas tailored to te locals won't necessarily bother humans.

Some of the locals are humans! ;)

> So get the subsonic doohickey, put it on a drone and send it off to
> some place you *aren't*.  If you know where the enemy is, you can
> simply fit one of your light aircraft with this, maybe give it a quick
> camo paintjob, and send it out to draw off the vermin.  It'll be....a
> Pied Piper.

Another reason vehicles can be shot on sight... ;)

> don't we call these "bacteria", or do you have something else in mind?

Something else as these are multicellular.

> Why do people insist on putting big carnivores in deserts? If it's a
> dune desert, what are these critters eating?	Are they swimming
> through the dunes?  If so, what justifies the energy to move around by
> pushing sand out of the way, instead of just getting out in the air at
> night if need be)?

Based on the read preds that do this, its cooler to stay just under the
surface and "mole" along rather than expose a large surface body to that
much radiation (and trying to support it without bits getting burnt)...
on
the upside at least this way you can see it coming.... bugs bunny style
;)

Cheers

Prev: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers Next: RE: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers