Prev: Re: Patrol vs. the Cave Dudes Next: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 23:57:14 -0400
Subject: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

Beth said:
> Very helpful if you then need to get down and use the place yourself
;)

Nerve gas tailored to te locals won't necessarily bother humans.

JA
> > Gotta find some high-speed subsonic dohicky that
> > drives them all nuts and sends them fleeing.

> Unfortunately that will just attract them worse... think about the
frenzy
> you can send a shark into if you send a helicopter in low over the
water...

So get the subsonic doohickey, put it on a drone and send it off to
some place you *aren't*.  If you know where the enemy is, you can
simply fit one of your light aircraft with this, maybe give it a quick
camo paintjob, and send it out to draw off the vermin.	It'll be....a
Pied Piper.

> Unfortunately like I said there are different sizes.... in the
southern
> jungles (based on the hero's local geographical bias) there are
swarms of
> minute "insects" (pushing the nanobit size range),

don't we call these "bacteria", or do you have something else in mind?

> in the central desert its
> the dune sharks

Why do people insist on putting big carnivores in deserts? If it's a
dune desert, what are these critters eating?  Are they swimming
through the dunes?  If so, what justifies the energy to move around by
pushing sand out of the way, instead of just getting out in the air at

Prev: Re: Patrol vs. the Cave Dudes Next: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers