Prev: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers Next: Re: [OT] Linking Ammo

Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 23:13:07 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

On 25-Jun-02 at 21:30, John Atkinson (johnmatkinson@yahoo.com) wrote:

> --- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> > > You have critters that can kill a tank?
> >
> > Yep, in fact there are a few different kinds that
> > work in different ways,
> > that's why you REALLY don't want to attract them ;)
>
> Gotta find some high-speed subsonic dohicky that
> drives them all nuts and sends them fleeing.
>
> Or maybe a vehicle coating that smells like the musk
> of the biggest, meanest predator on the planet.  That
> way we only have to deal with their amorous or
> territorial inclinations rather than everyone's silly
> ideas about trying to eat composite alloys.

How about something that attaches itself to metal with
a super adhesive with a cacoon made from a single
carbon fiber molecule?	It's a wasp analog that preys
on titanium shelled snails.  It not only gums up the
works but can bore 1/4 inch through any known alloy...

Hell on tracks, GEV fan blades, pivot pins for hatches,
gun strength, etc etc.

Prev: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers Next: Re: [OT] Linking Ammo