Prev: re: The Bug man is back! Next: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

Re: JUNGLE PATROL

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:14:10 EDT
Subject: Re: JUNGLE PATROL

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 21:53:50 +0200 KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de
(K.H.Ranitzsch) writes:
<snip>

>Campfires would be small, locally contained and usually only lit at
>certain
>times (at night, mostly). Not really a natural pattern.

Depends on whether the normal is "Star Trek" efficiency or "Real World"
stabs at same...

>> I can easily imagine  (especially as humans havn't, in the
>GZG-verse, run
>> across any non-spacefaring non-human settlements) that
>> standard procedure will be to listen for radio signals
>> and do an orbital survey that looks for major
>> identifiable signatures like concentrated settlements
>> (ie cities), irrigation networks, and road networks.
>
>Right, for a 'normal' planet. There might also be searches for changes
>athmosperic chemistry unlikely to belong to natural causes.
>
>But note that the original - non GZG-verse- scenario had ancient
>cities that
>had been discovered and were being explored. This certainly would have
>prompted a rather more thorough search ?

Who pays for the involved survey?  Arch Corps?	The Military?  The Space
Forces?  Most glitches come because some agency decides "..good
enough..."

>> After all, with an impact of d4 and the limited effective range of
>self
>bows, they aren't that much of
>> a threat to fully-armored or power-armored troops.
>
>And to archeologists ?

Good thought.

>Greetings
>Karl Heinz

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: re: The Bug man is back! Next: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers