Prev: Re: Chinook Down! Next: Re: [OT]Infantry computer training - Rant the Seques into something on-topic.

Re: [HIST] Japanese Culture shock

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:48:54 -0400
Subject: Re: [HIST] Japanese Culture shock

At 6:05 PM +0200 6/24/02, K.H.Ranitzsch wrote:
> [...]

I may be wrong, but what most people know of as Samurai (Yojimbo,
Ran, etc) takes place in 1600 and later. At that point firearms were
reducing the size and nature of the Heavily armored cavalry in
Europe. Hussars =!

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: Chinook Down! Next: Re: [OT]Infantry computer training - Rant the Seques into something on-topic.