Prev: Re: [HIST] Japanese Culture shock Next: Re: [SG] J.A.'s Writeups

Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:33:26 -0500
Subject: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:19:56 -0700 (PDT), John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:

>The Japanese didn't get
>effective democracy until we nuked them flat.

I will only slightly disagree with you here in the sense that it's
debatable
whether or not they actually _did_ get effective democracy. *grin* It's
obvious that corporations have become the new aristocracy in Japan.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: [HIST] Japanese Culture shock Next: Re: [SG] J.A.'s Writeups