Prev: RE: [HIST??] Culture shock Next: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:02:48 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

On 24-Jun-02 at 13:40, John Atkinson (johnmatkinson@yahoo.com) wrote:

> --- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
>
> > I appreciate everyone's responses, what I was
> > actually talking about was the
> > "stereotypical" ones John has given for the NAC etc
> > not the ones we've been
> > discussing over the last week or so in response to
> > my platoon questions. So,
> > unless I've misunderstood your responses (and I'm
> > sorry I'm being thick if I
> > have), John do they actually govern how you take on
> > a force and thus have to
> > play catch up if they're not like you expected?
>
> To a certain extent, yes but. . .
>
> Stuck in there is a lot of valid tactical advice--for
> instance, when fighting a NAC light infantry
> batallion, identifying the deployment of the infantry
> walkers and power armor is going to be a top priority
> of recon/intell assets and is going to be considered a
> primary indicator of the enemy's main effort.

John,

  The writeup on how to deal with NAC forces was truly
excellent.  The bits of flavor made it a fun read.

The IF writeup OTH was mostly denigrating and would
encourage a culture of disrespect and contempt for
their fighting abilities.  That would end up biting
the non-IF in the posterier when they encounter the
IF force that was trained by one of the major powers.
Sure, you can court-martial the officers but the better
solution would be to encourage everyone to respect
your enemy and be prepared for them to be competant.

Prev: RE: [HIST??] Culture shock Next: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock