Prev: Re: Enemy Appreciations and SOPs Next: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:24:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Germans nuts in how to deal with US troops. Another
> characterization
> was that US troops seemed accustomed to working in
> Chaos as a matter
> of course.

The quote is "The American Army will always excell at
war because war is chaos and the American Army
practices chaos on a daily basis."

I don't recall who said it, but it was a pretty common
saying in Germany, and I've heard it here too.

And if you don't believe me, I cordially invite you to
hang out in our motorpool for a few days.

Morning Formation: "We're pulling the torsion bars on
C62."

All morning: "Where's the fuckin' mechanics??"

Still havn't seem 'em and it's lunchtime already. . .

John

Prev: Re: Enemy Appreciations and SOPs Next: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock