Prev: RE: [HIST??] Culture shock Next: RE: DOG SOLDIERS

RE: [HIST??] Culture shock

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 11:39:16 -0400
Subject: RE: [HIST??] Culture shock

At 10:19 PM +1000 6/23/02, Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
>G'day,
>
>I appreciate everyone's responses, what I was actually talking about
was the
>"stereotypical" ones John has given for the NAC etc not the ones we've
been
>discussing over the last week or so in response to my platoon
questions. So,
>unless I've misunderstood your responses (and I'm sorry I'm being thick
if I
>have), John do they actually govern how you take on a force and thus
have to
>play catch up if they're not like you expected?

Liklely his TO&E's allow a very great flexibility to respond to
opponent tactics. He's an engineer. Their jobs in the military is to
crack obstacle nuts while potentially under fire and in a potentially
dangerous way. Likely he's gots some damn good sense on the tactics
for getting through/past/over obstacles that are covered by fire and
thus finds mobile tactics of less than 3-1 odds easy.

Imagine a miniatures game that was specifically arranged around
zoological nomenclature and Marine Biology. You'd be pretty much set
wouldn't you?
Ryan Gill			  rmgill@mindspring.com
	|	 |

Prev: RE: [HIST??] Culture shock Next: RE: DOG SOLDIERS