Prev: Re: [SG] Culture shock games Next: Re: Anti-matter

Re: Congratulations Germany... and USA

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:03:29 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: Congratulations Germany... and USA

Allan Goodall schrieb:
> Congratulations to Germany on their Round of 8 victory
> over the USA in the World Cup.

YEEEESSSS !!!!!!!!!!

> Congratulations to the USA for an excellent run. I only
> saw the last part of the game,

Saw the whole game in a big crowd on a big screen :-)

> but it appeared that Germany played
> intelligently and treated team USA with respect, something other
teams did
> not (to their folly).

Perhaps a bit too cautiously, the Americans had some excellent
chances.

But we had an excellent goalkeeper :-)

> Of course, now that the US is out (since I live in the
> US), I have no one to root for. As a Scot I just _can't_ cheer on
England!

No need for that anymore ;-)

> I refuse to cheer for Brazil

They have played pretty nicely this time around.

> Looks like I'm cheering on Germany, as their
> the closest to my Celtic roots!

There are other criteria
How about cheering for, say, the plucky underdog - Senegal, or a team
with surprising endurance - South Korea, or...

Greetings

Prev: Re: [SG] Culture shock games Next: Re: Anti-matter