Prev: Re: Anti-matter Next: Congratulations Germany... and USA

Re: Anti-matter

From: steve@p...
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:16:20 +0100
Subject: Re: Anti-matter

On 20 Jun 2002 at 20:19, Laserlight wrote:

> This is true but you can create the antimatter at a solar power
> station or some such, and then ship 10,000 of the 5 gram mines in a
> 50kg box a lot more conveniently than shipping around a solar power
> station.

Yes, that's how Star Trek creates the anti-matter fuel for its
starships. But I was pointing out the flaw in the post that said that
you could create the AM in the mine itself. Which was in turn an
attempt to get around the preceived problem of carrying AM around
(i.e. the need for, probably detectable, magnetic fields and hence a
power source; and the risk of premature explosion).

	Steve

--
"Reality must take precedence over public relations.
 Nature cannot be fooled."		     - Richard Feynman

Prev: Re: Anti-matter Next: Congratulations Germany... and USA