Prev: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World C up Next: Re: What passport?

Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:44:14 +0100
Subject: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 12:32:54AM -0400, Thomas Barclay wrote:

>Drops his platoon in, then wonders
>where the GPS feed is and when SATINT will be
>available? What? No GPS? No orbital recon
>assets? No Ortillery?

That part, I suspect, he'll have been trained for, if the forces are any
good - on a par with training for doing an assault without lots of
artillery and tac-air.

>And something in the local
>atmosphere bollixes up the short range RF
>connections between his weapons sights and
>the combat helmets?

Ah, bluetooth. How can I scorn thee, let me count the ways... :-)

>Sounds like the grist for an interesting scenario
>to me.

Hard to model, though. Hmm. A single-blind system with dual tables, and
this guy's table is set up by the ref? This (perfect information most of
the time) does seem to me to be one of the major failings of wargames in
general.

Prev: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World C up Next: Re: What passport?