Prev: Re: Anti-matter Next: Re: GUN CRAZED COWBOY?

Re: GUN CRAZED COWBOY?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:26:30 -0500
Subject: Re: GUN CRAZED COWBOY?

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:44:50 -0500 (CDT), DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:

>OKAY, CANUCK, exactly wot is a gun crazed cowby?
>
>and how does this apply to hunting?

Wow... You push _this button here_ and look what happens!

The "gun crazed cowboy" comment was in regard to a guy who walked past
me with
a loaded rifle -- as I stood outside my apartment in a small subdivision
go fire it off nearby to see how it worked.

In other words, he was handling the weapon irresponsibly in an area that
is
clearly _not_ appropriate for firing off his weapon. City ordinance
prohibits
it. A few minutes later, we heard the gunshots. There are woods nearby,
which
is probably where he was. There are also kids nearby who play in those
woods.

So, yeah, this guy was a "gun crazed cowboy", not because he had a gun
or even
more than one, but because he handled it irresponsibly.

There was no offense, here, DAWG, intended for guys with lots of guns.
I'll
admit, now that I'm down here, I'm looking forward to one day having a
gun of
my own (in this case a black powder weapon that I finish and assemble
myself).
The comment wasn't a blanket generalization. It was a comment on the
intelligence of one guy who should really know better.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: Anti-matter Next: Re: GUN CRAZED COWBOY?