Prev: Re: [SG & DS] Vehicle construction questions Next: Re: Anti-matter

Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:18:57 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:33:57 -0700 (PDT), John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:

>And some of those seven are pretty tiny, so whether
>you're using number of countries, land area, or
>population, we're better than most of the world. . .

The US was hardly contested until Mexico (it came second in its first
round
division). The US hasn't had to play against most of the big guns. You
can
hardly call being in the Round of 8 meaning the team is one of the 8
best in
the world. For that, you'd have to have a proper round robin tournament.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: [SG & DS] Vehicle construction questions Next: Re: Anti-matter