Prev: RE: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones Next: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

Re: Re: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:03:50 -0400
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

> 4)I've never been worried about people being pissed at
> me.  Most Europeans I met were extremely pleasant and
> friendly, with the exception of those fascist pigs in
> some Brit police force who confiscated my leatherman.
> It seems you have to meet stricter standards when
> LEAVING a Brit train station than when entering a
> German, French, or Belgian one.  And a 2" blade on a
> leatherman doesn't pass.  The only problems I ever had
> were in Giessen, and then it was a matter of "Ooops,
> made a wrong turn, too many Turks in this
> neighborhood, I'm leaving."

You should have gone to Sweden.  Four years ago I was stopped in the
security check point.  I handed my key ring before walking through the
metal
dector in the airport.	I kep a short 1.5" lock-back on my key ring.
Appearently lock-backs aren't legal in Sweden.	The younger guy started
make an issue of it, but the older gaurd just wavied his hand, the
younger
guy handed my keys back, and on I went.

Prev: RE: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones Next: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones