Prev: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers Next: Re: GUN CRAZED COWBOY?

Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

From: "Dave Strebe" <strebe@i...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:01:29 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

> Ummm, I had come from the Continent.
>
> I was used to German train system, where if the train
> is 1 minute late from the regular schedule, then you
> start wondering if there's been a derailment or
> something.  The train pulls in EARLY, and leave ON
> TIME.
>
> EVERY time.
>
> As far as I'm concerned, British train system is
> barely a step up from walking, and a definite step
> down from hiring a hansom cab.
>
> John
Sorry couldn't resist jumping into the conversation
I have no experience with the europe/british rail system
but was impressed with the japanese where not only
can you set your watch by them but you when assigned a car
you go to the platfrom stand on the  the number given to you
 and when the train stops you are in front of the door to your
rail car, everytime. (mind you this was the bullet train, we aere
also warned we have at most 3 minutes to get off at our stop.)

Prev: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers Next: Re: GUN CRAZED COWBOY?