Prev: Re: SG: Assualt on the PDC Next: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:01:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

--- Bif Smith <bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> John, you have just discovered the sport of
> FOOTBALL.

Always known about it, just didn't know we were better
at it than most of the planet.

A sport played using a
> BALL and your FOOT, played before your country was
> created,

Kicking a half-rotted pig's head between two medieval
villiages doesn't really count.

and doesn`t
> require bodyarmour (although some of the teams could
> use it)

Bloodsports require body armor.  Not my fall y'all
aren't crazy enough to play those.

 and a pause
> every 5 mins for the minimal attention spans of the
> veiwers.

Hey, if you were getting that kind of weight up to
that kind of speeds, you'd need a break every now and
then too.

John

Prev: Re: SG: Assualt on the PDC Next: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers