Prev: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup Next: Re: SG: Assualt on the PDC

Re: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:46:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

--- Mike Elliott <Mike.Elliott@steria.co.uk> wrote:

> Of course there are several thousand US citizens who
> have been all over the
> world, but then they don't need passports - they're
> in the armed forces!

Oddly enough, a DA 31[1] will get you through customs
in NATO faster than an EC country's passport.  You
see, while you're standing in line with every other
native ECer who hopped off the train, I'm the only guy
in the 'non-EC' line and a DA 31 doesn't require any
stamps or inspections and the only other form I need
is my US Military Identification Card.

John

[1]US Army Leave Form

Prev: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup Next: Re: SG: Assualt on the PDC