Prev: Re: [FH] AE Forward Power, was Re: [SG, DS] Combat Engineers Next: Re: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

Re: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:54:48 +0100
Subject: Re: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

>From: <laserlight@quixnet.net>
>
>> From: Ground Zero Games jon@gzg.com
>> >PS: it must be strange for you Yanks to be participating in a
"World"
>> something-or-other that actually INCLUDES the rest of the World,
isn't
>> it.....?   <BIG GRIN>
>>
>> <BIG GRIN> yep--usually we just find people immigrate, so we don't
have to
>travel so much.
>
>Game, Set and Match to laserlight.

That's tennis. We were talking football. Tennis starts NEXT week.....
;-)

A little side anecdote......

At one of the Anime conventions over here a couple of years ago, there
was
supposed to be a US special guest coming over - a few days before he was
due, the organisers double checked with him that everything was OK -
including, of course, his passport. His reply was something like:  "Huh?
Passport? Why do I need a passport, I thought you spoke English over
there.....?"

To quote possibly the best known American of all, "D'oh!!!"

<GRIN>

Jon (GZG)