Prev: Re: Chitless Game Next: Re: ye olde chitless game!

Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:05:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

--- DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:
> TYPO!
>
> 2 SHOULD BE  3  WHEN I WAS  DISCUSSING RIFLE
> PLATOONS!

Oh.

Makes more sense.  Only having 2 maneuver elements is
pretty blindingly stupid.  Which wouldn't stop the US
Army of the '60s from trying it.

> in real life,  the RR platoon and reconn platoon
> were	merged in the
> field, and  acted as	a RRF in base camp.

Makes sense.

> the  platoon weapons	squad would be broken down
> into 2 M-60 teams, and
> one  assigned to  2 rifle  squads.  the 4 man
> recoilless rifle team
> would  leave the  gun and  ammo in  NDP most times,
> and hump a 3 M60 (if
> there  was one) or be split up and  added to the 2
> existing  M-60s
> teams. LAWs were carried  when we  did this.

Well, logically there weren't that many targets in RVN
that required a 90mm recoilless to kill.

Did a rifle squad have it's own organic -60?

John

Prev: Re: Chitless Game Next: Re: ye olde chitless game!