Prev: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones Next: RE: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

RE: [SG, DS] Combat Engineers

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:52:26 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG, DS] Combat Engineers

G'day,

> Yes.	And only obstacle breaching.  You only do mine
> clearing (vice breaching.  Breaching is creating a
> lane or 3.  Clearing means removing a minefield
> completely), obstacle emplacement, and construction
> tasks BEFORE the enemy arrives or after they are dead
> or gone away....

What about places like Omaha beach or has stuff changed lots since then
(or
was that exceptional circumstances?)?

> Yes.	Light combat engineers tend to operate out of
> their HMMWVs almost exclusively during defensive
> operations (would you like to carry a couple hundred
> land mines in your pack??),

Now no, when they're down to the size of a 5c piece may be ;P

> What do we carry?  Depends on the mission.  I've
> carried satchel charges, bangalore torpedos,

I've head of them, what do they look like?

> mine sweepers, mine probes (hint: that old movie trick of
> using your bayonet is suicide.  Use titanium or
> fiberglass probes.), grappling hooks, demolition
> charges, and initiating systems.
>
> Not all at once.  In addition to fighting load and
> weapons and so forth.

So If I got Mr standard trooper and added a grappling hook/satchels etc
that
would be enough?

> "Combat Engineers" means....

Thanks.

Cheers

Prev: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones Next: RE: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones